Have you noticed that all houses in Australia are often not Chain Wire Fencing at all – the house is in the middle of a green lawn, and that’s it. There is an asphalt path from the house across the lawn to the main sidewalk, on the side, there is an asphalt driveway to the garage.
We cannot yet boast of such openness and we will definitely put a chain wire fencing around the house. If, after all, this desire to be closer to the world, “to take a chance and leave the ignition key in the car,” still sits in your soul, then you can try to install a chain wire fencing made of wire structures. And protection and everything is visible and elegant.
What immediately attracts is the ability to work not with bulky corrugated panels, but with such coils with a diameter of no more than 30 centimeters, 6 pieces of which can fit into your travel bag
As a matter of fact, you should probably not grumble so much about these chain wire fencing, they can also carry a very useful function:
- Firstly, after all, for the protection of personal territory.
- Secondly, for fencing playgrounds, when you can easily see from the outside what is going on inside.
- Thirdly, for chain wire fencing the dog-walking area. This is no longer even for their own protection, but for the protection of others.
- Fourthly, for the chain wire fencing of the territory, the monitoring of the condition of which, however, must be carried out from the outside. Here, a good example is all kinds of sports grounds, primarily football, and tennis.
- Fifth, to protect animals. Kilometers of such chain wire fencing can be seen along roads in the Alps of Germany, Switzerland, Austria, and France. This prevents wild animals from entering the carriageway, and avoiding collisions in these situations is a mutually beneficial benefit for both humans and animals.
- Well, and sixth, wire barriers have long, persistently, and successfully been used to fence special military facilities.
Chain wire fencing limit space, are optional to the main stone fence, they act as a warning leaving you open to the world
Such widespread use of this type of fences is due to several factors:
- The wire is quite cheap, so the cost of the fences being erected can be an order of magnitude lower than that of ordinary stone ones or using the corrugated board.
- Wire structures are much lighter than any others used in “fence art”, and this leads to a significant acceleration of all work.
- The very nature of the work on the construction of such fences is also simpler, and again a significant gain in speed.
Possible options for chain wire fencing
In addition to the above option – driven pillars and a mesh between them, there are others:
- Similar to the above simple one, all the same pillars, but the mesh, which opens down, is pulled over a cable running about 10-15 from the top of the upper edge of the pillars.
- You can use ready-made mesh structures, put on an external metal frame. Very often, such structures on the left and right are welded to the posts, otherwise, the installation of the grid will be preceded by the installation of posts for it.
- You can also build a barbed-wire fence. Maybe you don’t want to liken your residential area to a barracks, and such a fence is not for you. But for guaranteed protection against unwanted entry into the protected area of special purpose, barbed wire in bays will be good. Here it cannot even be said that it will take a day to create such a fence – it will take no more than 2-3 hours if the posts are prepared in advance.
Here is the progress of all the work on creating, perhaps the most time-consuming chain wire fencing – the tension between the posts:
- First, the pillars are installed. There are several things to keep in mind here:
- If you have metal driven ones at your disposal, then you free yourself from the need to dig a hole under the post and perform concrete work. Otherwise, this work comes to the fore.
- The distance between the wire posts is no more than 2.5 meters.
- If you have chosen specifically for tensioning the wire, then correctly orient them for the upper cable. This cable will be the fastening base of the upper edge of the net. The correct orientation should be prompted by the instructions for installing such poles.
- Usually, such chain wire fencing is not equipped with a concrete parapet from below, but if you make a fence “for yourself”, the parapet will be an additional plus in the opinion of others about you. For a concrete parapet, you will also have to lay and concrete a ditch between the posts.
- The depth of the hole for the posts under the wire is 70-80 cm, under the ditch between them – up to 40 cm. But here you need to take into account your region. In the northern regions, it is necessary to take into account the depth of soil freezing. If the depth of freezing is 1 meter, then you will have to make holes 20-30 cm deeper.
- The net will stretch between the posts, so the two outermost posts will experience a perceived inward pull. Therefore, it is highly desirable to equip these two posts at the bottom with retaining posts from the side of the fence line.
- When installed, logs are screwed into the outer pillars and the eyes of the upper cable are threaded into them. The tension of the cable is regulated by the correct selection of its length and by the screw-in lags themselves – the deeper the lag enters the post, the stronger the tension.
- As a final chord, the top edge of the expanded wire mesh is attached to the cable. Pliers are indispensable here.